For the Owner’s Representatives at DAE Group, Labor Day is a very special day that deserves our attention and recognition.
“Labor Day honors the American labor movement and the contributions that people have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country,” said Dan Ezra, DAE Group, Business Development Manager, Partner.
Labor Day is considered the unofficial end of summer, since 1894 it has been recognized as a federal holiday, and is celebrated with parties, parades and barbeques.
“So what are we celebrating?” asked Dan. “For us at DAE Group, we are celebrating the hard work that goes into the development of a real estate project. We are celebrating the owners of these businesses who labor everyday to make their projects successful. It is not an easy job.”
Specifically, on this Labor Day, Dan and the team at DAE Group celebrate:
- The vision required by developers to see opportunity where others see a threat or a bad investment.
- The empathy and stamina required to work with neighborhood groups, politicians, and environmentalists.
- The courage required to go after zoning changes or special permitting.
- The personal control it takes to deal with never-ending change order requests and delays in schedules.
- The patience required to deal with the fog surrounding contractor’s draw requests.
- The fortitude to confront the architect about add-services charges.
- The skill to handle the unexpected firestorms that always arise just before a developer is about to take a vacation or attend a family event.
- The stamina that is required to take a project through development from conception to post-construction. It is not a sprint. It is a marathon.
So here’s to you, for taking on the risks, and for performing the special kind of “labor” that is the labor of being a developer or investor in a real estate project. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.